Tech Center Press Brake Operator- 1st Shift
General Summary/Position Overview
Operates computer numerical control machines to fabricate high quality parts to meet or exceed design quality specifications.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Load parts in machine, cycles machine, detects malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Read and interpret drawings
- Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools and programs
- Performs as required by position the followings tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, deburring, sawing, and sanding
- Ensures that every part is cut to the proper dimension and holes are drilled to specifications
- Sears and punches holes as required by specifications
- Inspects finished parts to ensure specification are met
- Watches production schedule to communication with Material Handlers what parts are needed for the next job prior to ending the current job.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements
- Performs general housekeeping duties within assigned area
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Perform all other duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor, Work Center manager and/or other key management
Specifications for this Position
- Minimum Education Required: 2 year college degree with no experience or High School Degree or equivalent with 5+ years experience.
- Minimum Experience Required: Minimum of one to three years or related machinist experience. Read calipers, tape measures and comprehend blue prints. Basic computer skills including Windows XP Operating System and touch screen devices.
Be able to pass necessary training and certification tests to drive a forklift.
Ability to stand and walk continuously (75% or more)
Ability to bend, stoop, twist, reach, kneel, climb, and handle/manipulate frequently (25% to 75%)
Ability to lift 125-150 lbs. frequently (25% to 75%)
Ability to push and pull 50 lbs. or more frequently (25% to 75%)
Description of Working Conditions/Surroundings
It is expected that regular working hours for this position will be 40 hour week (however, 40 hours will not be guaranteed.) In addition to these regular working hours, the employee may be required to work overtime when asked as well as be required to report back to the plant or worksite for unanticipated schedule changes, special meetings, training sessions or other activities as dictated by management.