← Back to Current Listings
Tech Center Machine Operator – 1st and 2nd Shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Tends Punch machine that punches and forms various parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn basics of running a Trumpf Turret Punch utilize measuring equipment and documentation.
- Operate the Trumpf TruPunch 5000 and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators
- Select proper punches and dies based on the material thickness and type
- Set up tooling, load programs, and set machine parameters to ensure optimal
performance of the equipment.
- Determine if tools are undamaged and in safe condition for use
- Re-sharpen punches and dies as needed
- Work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Follow all company rules and policies
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Prepare product for shipment
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually up to 60 pounds
- Operate machinery used in production process or assist machine operators
- Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above
- Consistently produce usable product and meets the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings
- Must be able to use ERP/MRP system to clock in/out of work orders
- While machine is running, the operator is expected to clean parts, organize their area, and do general housekeeping duties
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Should have a background in machine operation or technical school training, however on-the-job training is available for qualified individuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. In some cases, trigonometry may be required
- Must have the ability to read, write, and comprehend written materials
- Ability to apply “common sense” understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
- Candidate would have to have a background in machine operation, manufacturing, and measuring equipment such as micrometer, calipers, and tape measures.