PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Individual will assist in improving company financial policies and controls to ensure effective and efficient financial performance. The successful candidate will collaborate with key personnel in Sales, Operations and other departments across the company. Seeking a professional with demonstrated success in corporate and managerial accounting.
• Build and analyze complex financial reports and records as assigned by the CFO or VP of Finance.
• Provide all bookkeeping services including various weekly reports, month-end statements preparation of financial statements, assist with components for monthly reporting package and bank account reconciliations.
• Create and review journal entries prepared by others as needed.
• Analyze, interpret, and report financial and operational data to management, including sales activity, cost analysis, profitability analysis, contract pricing analysis, and other ad-hoc analysis as directed.
• Assist in the development of customer project reporting requirements and metrics, provide in-depth analysis and interpretation of financial results to determine project profitability. Analyze trends and investigate variances to determine root cause.
• Evaluate status of reserves, assets and expenditures, and make recommendations as needed.
• Interact with financial functions related to purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections.
• Coordinate complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the financial team.
• Make recommendations in the design and development of workflow processes, create and maintain policies and procedures.
• Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconciliations.
• Perform additional assignments, as directed by the VP of Finance.
• Actively contribute initiatives and process improvements to enhance the overall department’s efficiency.
• Highly-driven and self-motivated
• Ability to manipulate analysis and reports as needed in Excel
• A thorough knowledge of accounting principles and standard contract terms, including hourly, lump sums, etc. and how they are applied in the billing process.
• Ability to work well with others, handle stressful situations, and respond to changes in priorities.
• Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and reports problems to the VP of Finance as necessary.
• Strong service orientation
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Maintain composure in dealing with executives, staff, clients and the public.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Accounting
• Cost accounting experience required
• Manufacturing experience preferred
• CPA preferred
• Experience should provide the ability to perform high level analysis as well as the ability to be hands on and detailed when necessary along with the ability to manipulate complex reports.
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Office Software Suites and experience with using sophisticated ERP systems