Production Machine Programmer
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Position requires ongoing training and self-motivation to develop new skills and to maintain current skills used to design/detail & program parts required for manufacturing processes. Must maintain a self-starter attitude and use excellent problem solving skills to derive solutions to daily tasks and adhere to office practices/ procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use SolidWorks and AutoCAD to produce high quality models and drawings.• Serve as checker for other team members drawing projects & programs
- Assist in manufacturing & process engineering project & daily tasks.
- Meet deadlines of projects assigned
- Develop a firm understanding of various machine tools including but not limited to lasers, plasma, punch presses, press brakes, CNC machines, robots, drills and saws.
- Program tube lasers processing equipment
- Program sheet metal turret punch processing equipment.
- Program sheet metal press brake equipment
- Program structural steel drill & saw line processing equipment
- Additional responsibilities will include but not limited to utilizing a complete understanding of Solid Works & AutoCAD to produce models & drawing required for programming of various automated equipment as well as for product improvement & development to be manufactured by SixAxis, LLC and SafeRack, LLC to create
Additional Required Skills:
- 1-2+ years· experience in a Production Machine Programming or a related field
- Understanding & interest of CAD/CAM
- Understanding & interest of various machine tools & shop floor experience preferred
- 1-2 years on-the-job experience using AutoCAD
- 1-2+ years on-the-job experience using SolidWorks
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds • Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but shop floor training & exposure to various equipment may be required. Off-Site travel may be required for additional training, requiring the applicant to be away at equipment manufacturers training facilities for a week or more.
- Conditions could vary, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing outside SafeRack’s office. appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by SafeRack.