Tech Center Material Handler – 2nd Shift
General Summary/Position Overview
Compiles and maintains material and parts inventory and status information to expedite movement of material and parts between production areas.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Reads production schedules, inventory reports, and work orders to determine type and quantity of materials required, availability of stock, and order priority. Includes but not limited to, being proactive in moving materials to work centers so operates stay productive and stacking materials in the order of work flow.
- Determines and forecasts material and part shortages to inform Work Center Leads of status.Moves/transfers materials between stock area to production area in a neat and orderly fashion by using overhead crane, cart and/or forklift.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
- Recognizes and performs general housekeeping duties within assigned area before, during and after each shift. Including but not limited to removing all banding, cardboard and plastic from work areas.
- Train on the basic functions of machine and work center operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor or Work Center Lead.
Minimum Education Required:
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experienced Required:
One month to three months of related experience and/or training
Must have a forklift certification and crane certification or be able to pass necessary training and certification tests to drive a forklift and/or crane
- Ability to stand and walk continuously (75% or more)
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, reach, kneel, climb, and handle/manipulate frequently (25% to 75%)
- Ability to lift 75-100 lbs. frequently (25% to 75%)
- Ability to push and pull 50 lbs. or more frequently (25% to 75%)
Description of working conditions/surroundings:
It is expected that the regular working hours for this position will vary based on Shift (however, 40 hours will not be guaranteed). In addition to these regular working hours, the employee may be required to work overtime when asked as well as be required to report back to the plant or worksite for unanticipated schedule changes, special meetings, training sessions or other activities as dictated by management.
Rate of Pay (range):