Mechanical Structural Designer-Sumter
Position requires ongoing training and self motivation to develop new skills and to maintain current skills used to design/detail applications in the tank car loading rack industry. Must maintain a self starter attitude and use excellent problem solving skills to derive solutions to daily tasks and adhere to office practices/ procedures.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- use SolidWorks and AutoCAD to produce high quality models and drawings
- serve as checker for other team members drawing projects
- manage lower level projects that do not have direct involvement with an engineer
- meet deadlines of projects assigned
- perform other duties as outlined by drafting manage
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to utilizing a complete understanding of equipment and products.
- conceptual /preliminary drawings to show potential customers a word picture of access/fall protection equipment offered as a solution to their specific needs.
- accurate Approval drawings with detailed equipment information that illustrates how the new equipment will interface with the existing site conditions.
- accurate Issued For Construction/ Final drawings that depicts the approved equipment to be provided to the end user.
- accurate detail shop notes drawings for fabrication & the necessary requirements to build product.
- Associate’s degree in an engineering related field and 5+ years experience in a related field; structural steel preferred
- understanding of basic construction practices and structural design
Skills and Special Requirements:
- 1-2 years on-the-job experience using AutoCAD
- 2 + years on-the -job experience using SolidWorks
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job , would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects , tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays , weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/constructionjob site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- May be assigned to work at a Client’s office, facility or site for an extended period of time. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing outside Safe Rack’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Safe Rack’s and/or Client as required.