General Summary/Position Overview
Responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform proficient welding techniques to AWSD 1.1, 1.2
- Read, interpret and fit to dimensions on detailed structural and pipe drawings.
- Process inspection, certification, and documentation for job assignment(s)
- Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools as required.
- Reading of proper fitting tools required for job, including but not limited to tape measure, square & angles, protractor degrees.
- Complete and understand all necessary weld/machine setup parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Adhere to all safety regulations and requirements
- Preform general housekeeping duties within assigned area
- Adhere to all Quality Standards
- Perform all other job duties as assigned by the Work Center Lead or Production Manager.
Minimum Education Required:
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experienced Required:
3-5 Years Fitting/Welding in Structural and/or Pipe applications
- Ability to stand and walk continuously (75% or more)
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, reach, kneel, climb, and handle/manipulate frequently (25% to 75%)
- Ability to lift 75-100 lbs. frequently (25% to 75%)
- Ability to push and pull 50 lbs. or more frequently (25% to 75%)
Description of working conditions/surroundings:
It is expected that the regular working hours for this position will be a 40 hour work week (however, 40 hours will not be guaranteed). In addition to these regular working hours, the employee may be required to work overtime when asked as well as be required to report back to the plant or worksite for unanticipated schedule changes, special meetings, training sessions or other activities as dictated by management.