Customer Service Representative-Sumter
Answers internal, external, and customer inquiries on placement and status of orders and purchase orders, addresses any discrepancies and determines what corrective action should be taken. Provides assistance / coordination between internal SafeRack departments and external customers. Processes entries, prepares and files commercial documentation and assists with calculations/report preparation as needed.
- Orders: Enter, update and process sales orders, purchase orders, etc. in system
- Sales Calls/Email Correspondence: Responds to customer or distributor questions on order status, discrepancies in billing or delivery, determining appropriate corrective action. Back-up Sales Rep as necessary.
- Returned Product: Processes returned product (warranty/repair). Distributes accordingly, ensuring capture of warranty information.
- Customer Information: Assists in the entering of information for customers, distributors and updates information as necessary.
- Responsibilities that may be assigned to individual CSRs: sending drawings, proofing orders and ad leads.
- Responsibilities that may be assigned to individual CSRs: office supplies, proofing orders, vendor literature, processing assigned to email distribution lists, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned or required.
Skills and Experience Required:
A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Word
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Excel
Levels: Customer Service Representative I, II, and III
The placement in one of the above levels will depend upon time experience, skills, knowledge, performance, and contribution.
- Customer Service Representative I is an entry-level position requiring close supervision.
- Customer Service Representative II requires less supervision, bringing further training and more skills to the position along with a solid understanding of the responsibilities entailed above.
- Customer Service Representative III has a high level of skill and requires little or no supervision.
Other factors that will be considered in the placement into one of these levels are internal training, Individualized Plan for Employment analysis as well as ability to perform all the responsibilities in a proficient manner.